In the case of an air attack in the südafghanischen province of Helmand have been killed, according to Afghan figures, about 30 civilians. All of the victims were from one family, only one Person got injured to survive, said the head of the provincial Council of Helmand, Attaullah Afghan, on Wednesday. Among the Victims were many women and children.
The Governor of Helmand, Mohammad Yasin Chan, said that the air strike Taliban fighters and civilians were also killed. The incident should be investigated.
According to a spokesperson for the Nato training mission “Resolute Support”, Debra Richardson, had carried out the first investigations, according to Afghan special forces and U.S. military advisors in the night from Monday to Tuesday an Operation in the area. They had come under Taliban attack. This would have been drawn into a building and fired. “In self-defense on the ground have requested forces in an air strike,” said Richardson. The ground forces had not known that civilians were in the building.
According to a report by the UN Mission in Afghanistan (Unama) has increased the number of civilian casualties due to air attacks until the end of September to 39 percent compared to the same period last year. Accordingly, 313 civilians in air raids killed already this year, 336 were injured. The bulk of the increase was due to increased air attacks by the international forces.
Dead in Taliban attack
In an attack in Kabul came on Wednesday in addition, at least ten people were killed and 19 more were injured. The target of the attack in the East of the capital, Kabul, on Wednesday, the security company G4S, which forms, among other things, Afghan soldiers.
A suicide bomber had detonated his explosives, then insurgent security have attacked the forces, said the spokesman for the Afghan interior Ministry. The radical Islamic Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.