The Turkish government is demanding that the U.S. take concrete steps for the extradition of the preacher Fethullah Gülen and other members of the movement. Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Sunday at a Forum in Doha, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had raised the issue on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Buenos Aires two weeks ago, with US President Donald Trump.
“When we met the last Time in Buenos Aires, President Trump, Erdogan said that they have worked on it. But we need to see concrete steps,” said Cavusoglu.
The Turkish government makes Gülen for the coup attempt of July 2016 responsible. During a visit to Washington Cavusoglu the US had handed over to colleague Mike Pompeo claims to be a list with 84 suspected members of the Gülen movement, whose extradition calls for the Turkey. “Our expectations are very clear,” said Cavusoglu in Doha. The 84-Wanted to be delivered from the USA.
Gulen has lived for a long time in exile in the US in the state of Pennsylvania. He denied any participation in the attempted coup, had been beaten. According to official Turkish figures, more than 250 people were killed in the coup attempt were killed.
Trump a month ago: Gülen extradition “is not up for discussion”
U.S. President Trump had told them a month ago, a extradition of gülen’s “up for discussion”. At the same time, he had said, you strive always, the Turkey. Erdogan he had called “friend”.
Shortly before that, the spokeswoman of the US state Department had Nauert, Heather, said: “The White house has been involved in any discussion relating to the extradition of Fethullah Gulen.” The Material provided by the Turkish government with its Request for extradition would be considered.
in order to a report in the NBC. NBC reported that the White house in the case of different authorities for information on legal options have moved in, Gülen to get out of the country.
Since the coup attempt of 2016, the Turkish government against alleged members of the Gülen movement hard. According to official Figures from mid-November have been taken since 2016 because of alleged Links to the coup leaders around 218 000 people. More than 140 000 people were dismissed from the state service.