Boy band member apologizes related to coronavirus
Big Hit Entertainment, a management company of K-pop superstar BTS, made an apology for band member Jungkook’s outing at Itaewon where the resurgence of the new COVID-19 coronavirus started of late.
The Seoul-based label said on May 18 that Jungkook had spent a night out in Itaewon, central Seoul, late last month with three other idol group members of his age.
They were Mingyu of SEVENTEEN, Cha Eun-woo of ASTRO, and NCT’s Jaehyun. All four were born in 1997.
Big Hit said that Jungkook had the four-person Itaewon meeting on April 25, a week before COVID-19 started to spread there during the holiday period in early May.
“But we cannot make an excuse as we had not properly recognized the significance of social distancing,” Big Hit said in a statement.
It added that Jungkook voluntarily received a test for COVID-19, and the result was negative.
Big Hit also noted that Jungkook deeply regrets he “did not contribute to the society’s efforts of social distancing.”
Agencies of the other three idol members also came up with statements to say that they tested negative for the epidemic.
Jungkook is the youngest member of BTS, the seven-member vocal group that released its fourth studio album “Map of the Soul: 7” late this February.
BTS is the world’s largest boy group with lots of fans across the world. They are called ARMY, which is short for Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth.