Horst Seehofer goes on the Offensive: “The Public will know everything I know,” said the Federal Minister of the interior of the “süddeutsche Zeitung”. However, he wanted to inform “the population with reliable facts and not assumptions”.
It is a scandal-and On Thursday evening it was reported that a Hacker has published on a Twitter account in December of mass personal data, including phone numbers and private Chat logs. Hundreds of politicians are concerned. Also data of actors, musicians and journalists have been published (read more here).
Now it comes to the enlightenment – and many of the slow or chaotic. The criticism applies not only Seehofer, the Minister of the interior is politically responsible, but also the President of the Federal office for IT security (BSI), Arne Schönbohm, the authority had expressed an opinion contradictory to the case.
authority to yaw rate
“Arne Schönbohm has triggered with his misleading statements even more uncertainty, rather than to educate in a crisis situation, to contribute,” said about the Left-of-power politician Anke Domscheit-Berg, the “Frankfurt General Sunday newspaper”. Also Green party leader, Anton Hofreiter, called the information policy of the BSI to the Victims of the attack “severely irritating”.
Schönbohm had said on Friday evening the TV station Phoenix, have spoken “at a very early stage in December with the help of individual members who were affected, accordingly.” Against measures had been taken. This statement was remarkable because the Chancellery and the Federal criminal police office had been informed in the night to Friday on the mass of data publication.
In the Video analysis was a hacker attack
On Saturday, the authority in its approach to growing criticism suddenly different. We had been informed at the beginning of December only by a single member of the German Bundestag about the questionable movements on the E-Mail and Social Media Accounts. To “this point in time, all Parties of an individual case,” said Schönbohms office. A connection to the total mass of stolen or published data had only now been found, in retrospect.
the SPD criticized Seehofer
the Deputy Chairman of Bundestag Thomas Oppermann (SPD) said the “Bild am Sonntag”, it was “outrageous that the stolen data are presented for days in the net and the competent authority does nothing to inform the people Concerned and to protect”. He called on Seehofer, the BSI is under the authority of, the Act: “The BSI must be Central to the Cyber defence centre in Germany and the interior Minister Seehofer must understand that this is one of the most important tasks of internal security and in the coming years will remain.”
SPD-Secretary-General Lars Klingbeil called for, it must be quickly and accurately informed, “the authority who knew what when and how it was responding”. “For Horst Seehofer should have the priority. It comes to the protection of our democracy,” he said of the Funke media group.
Seehofer called it now as “self-evident”, that he is taking care of the education. “But it is also my Amtsverständnis to gather the findings and the people responsible to listen to.”
He had, personally, only know on Friday morning from the operations, said Seehofer. “Before: Zero.” Since then, there have already been a whole series of him and initiated conversations for the investigation of the case. On Monday, he’ll once again Schönbohm and the President of the Federal office of criminal investigation, Holger Münch, together. He expect to inform the Public “no later than the middle of the week in detail”.