More than a month after Christmas, the fire brigade has been established in Kassel to use one because of a burning Christmas tree. The tree was burning in the living room “like an explosion,” said the fireman.

The residents were rescued on Monday, even on the terrace of the family house. According to firefighters, they were very lucky that the flames are no other items were ignited in the room. The older couple even had real candles on his tree.

neighbors came with water buckets to help: the fire was extinguished before the firefighters arrived. The living room was still habitable, it was called.


Sam Yoon has many years of experiences in journalism. He has covered such areas as information technology, science, sports and politics. Yoon can be reached at 82-2-6956-6698.